A balanced attitude in both victory and defeat can be acquired only through sports. KMV provides umpteen opportunities to unleash the latent reserves of energy of our youth through various sports events. The college has a full-fledged department of Physical Education that imparts vigorous training to the students for participation in a variety of games such as Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Soft Ball, Base Ball, Badminton, Kho-Kho, Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Chess , Shooting, Korf Ball, Net Ball, Ball Badminton, Squash Racket and Hand Ball.
- A proud recipient of GNDU General Sports Trophy for historic and unprecedented 13 times, First Runners Up Trophy twice and Second Runners Up Trophy for 14 times, the Vidyalaya has carved an enviable niche for itself in the annals of sports with its landmark achievements.
- The college has a rich history and rare honour of having produced International and National Sports Women of extra-ordinary ability and mettle who have won accolades by representing not only GNDU at national level but also representing India in Cricket Series and World Cup held at New Zealand, in Handball Junior and Senior Asia Games and Common Wealth Games.
- Physical Education can be taken as one of the elective subjects.
- Players are provided with all the basic amenities for their development. State-of-the-art infrastructure comprises Gymnasium, Health Club, Swimming Pool and sprawling play grounds.
- Expert guidance and vigorous training is given by competent coaches.
- The College provides free education, hostel, mess and transport facility to the players.
- The College participates in the University Sports Tournaments in various games.
- The members of the college teams must report at the college grounds for daily practice.
- Sports women of outstanding merit are given admission to the College on priority basis.
- No college student can get herself registered with any outside club without prior permission of the Principal.
- Players are expected to be regular in attending their classes. They are exempted from their classes only during camp or tournaments days. Their admission forms may be withheld from University examination if they do not attend the required percentage of lectures and qualify in the House Examination according to the rules.
- The College Annual Athletic Meet is held every year and prizes are awarded to the winners of various events.
- Sports Department of the Punjab Government and Sports Authority of India award sports scholarships to the outstanding sports women of the college every year.
- Many sports students have been placed in Railways, Police, PSEB, Schools and Colleges.