Department of Botany
Year of Establishment 1950
- B.Sc. Medical (Chemistry, Botany & Zoology)
- Mrs.Deepika Vashist Assitant Professor
- Mrs. Shikha Vashist Assitant Professor
Special features of the department include
- Spacious labs equipped with instruments like, Bioreacter, Spectrophotometer, Autoclave ,Oven, Hot Plates, Centrifuge, Microtone and many more.
- Botanical garden of the department contains flora of every plant group. It also possesses an aquatic pond where hydrophytes are preserved under natural conditions.
- The Department also owns a Vermicomposting unit where the plant waste is converted into compost.
- Extension lectures/workshops by the subject experts across the country on current burning issues.
- Educational trips are organizedin every session to different Universities and Research Institutes.
- A Museum with specimens and models.
- Other departmental activities like Plant Variety Show , Exhibition of Medicinal Plants are organized two develop interest of students in Botany.
- Students take part in different projects under DBT which help to develop their research temperament.
- The library of the Chemistry department is well equipped with latest books,
- In the new session 2018-19 the Department of Botany is offering a new courseB.Sc(Hons) Agriculture. The proposed BSc is aimed at equipping students with skills in Agriculture and to provide the gateway for all the specialized branches of Agriculture during Post Graduation or research and industry.Other avenues for B.Sc (Hons)Agriculture include jobs in State and Central Government, Banks and other Agriculture related industries.
ACTIVITIES OF BOTANY DEPARTMENT SESSION 2017-18
PLANT VARIETY SHOW
EXHIBITION OF MEDICINAL PLANTS
Shramdaan in Botanical Garden