Department of CHEMISTRY
Year of Establishment 1951
- B.Sc. Medical (Chemistry, Food Science & Microbiology
- B.Sc. Medical (Chemistry, Botany & Zoology)
- B.Sc. Medical (Chemistry, Zoology & Bioinformatics)
- B.Sc. Non- Medical (Chemistry, Maths & Physics)
- Dr. Mrs. Updesh Kaur Associate Professor & Head
- Dr. Mrs. Manju Mehra Associate Professor
- Mrs. Tank Sinderpal Kabalsingh Assistant Professor
- Ms. Jaspreet KaurLecturer
- Ms. Mandeep KaurLecturer
- Ms. Kanwaldeep Kaur Lecturer
- Ms. Samriti Vaid Lecturer
- Ms. Ravneet Saini Lecturer
- Ms. Narinder Kaur Lecturer
Strengths of Department
- 1. The only women postgraduate department which offers M. Sc. course in Physics awarded by GNDU, Amritsar.
- 2. The department has availed financial assistance above 2 crore for research programmes, projects and organising conferences from various National funding agencies such as UGC, DST, CSIR, BRNS, etc.
- 3. Six Research projects in the Department are funded by University Grant Commission, Dept. of Atomic Energy, ICTP-Italy, NSF (USA) and DST.
- 4. Department has research collaboration with TIFR, BARC and Dr. Mauro Falconieri, ENEA, Italy.
- 5. Faculty has research publications in reputed peer reviewed International & National Journals.
- 6. Faculty is invited across globe as resource person and for paper presentations.
- 7. Department has successfully organised four INSPIRE-DST camps and International conference on Nanotechnology.
- 8. About 55 renowned Scientists of International and National repute have visited the Department from India and abroad for lectures and interaction with students.
International Symposium on Nano Structured Materials
INSPIRE Internship Camp
- 1. Department has high quality research labs housing equipments like FTIR, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, LCR meter etc. Imported from Japan.
- 2. One Sample Preparation lab having High temperature muffle furnaces, digital balances.
- 3. One Nuclear Physics lab having G.M and scintillation counters.
- 4. Two Spectroscopic Labs having Zeeman apparatus, interferometers ultrasonic interferometer, lasers etc.