Department of HISTORY
Year of Establishment 1952
- B.A. with History as a subject
- B.A. with History Honors
- Dr. Gurjot Kaur Associate Professor & Head
- Dr. Monika Sharma Assistant Professor
- Ms. Neenu Lecturer
Strengths of Department
- Clean sweep in University results of B.A. Hons. History. Since 2005-06
- Vibrant YOUNG HISTORIANS ASSOCIATION
- Personal Computers and Laptop to show historical clippings on you-tube for research work, for making presentations on various issues relating to national and international importance.
- Conducted more than 100 quizzes in schools and colleges of jalandhar and adjoining villages.
- Developing Leadership Qualities among Students by delegating duties to them for organizing many events independently
- Organizing interdisciplinary events like "Importance of Voting", "Corruption Free India" - can we really do it 'and best message contests on special days like Teachers Day, Independence Day etc.
- Various projects and training programmes undertaken in collaboration with Rotary International and JCI (NGO's).
- Six day workshop was organized in 2008 on Ethics and Human Values.
- Dr. Monica completed her Minor Research Project on Leather Industry in 2010.
- Dr. Monica Sharma guided three students for M.Phil from ICDEOL, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
- Good Placement Record of pass outs who are working as Lecturers, teachers, councilors, journalists, reporters and medical representatives etc
- Mrs Gurjot Kaur (Zone Trainer JCI) regularly conducts training programmes for colleges, Schools, various organizations and RYLA participants.
ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION IN PROGRESS
MESSAGE WRITING CONTEST ON TEACHER'S
HISTORY HONOURS UNIVERSITY MERIT HOLDERS 2012
PATRIOTIC QUVWALI BY STUDENTS
Tableaux depicting the declaration of Purna Swaraj in 1929