P.G. Department of Physics and Electronics
Year of Establishment 1950
- M. Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Non medical (Physics, Chemistry & Maths)
- B.Sc. Non medical (Physics, Electronics & Maths)
- B.Sc. Computer Science (Physics, Computer Science & Maths)
- B.Sc. Non Medical(Physics, Chemistry & Bio- Informatics)
- Mrs. Parminder Kaur Associate Professor
- Dr. Nitu Chopra Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sonik Bhatia Assistant Professor
- Dr. Mrs.Sangeeta Prasher Assistant Professor
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Assistant Professor
- Dr. Mrs. Gopi Sharma Associate Professor
- Sh. Harleen Singh Assistant Professor
- Ms. Priya Sangar Lecturer
- Ms. Rajpreet Kaur Lecturer
- Ms. Sandeep Lecturer
Teaching Faculty of Electronics
- Ms. Neha Verma Lecturer
- Mr. Robin Chadha Lecturer
Strengths of Department
- The only women postgraduate department which offers M. Sc. course in Physics awarded by GNDU, Amritsar.
- The department has availed financial assistance above 2.5 Crore for research programmes, projects and organising conferences from various National funding agencies such as UGC, DST, CSIR, BRNS,DAE DBT etc.
- Department is covered under DST-FIST and DBT Star College Scheme under which multiple student activities are carried as can be seen on Home Page .
- Seven Research projects in the Department are funded by University Grant Commission, Dept. of Atomic Energy, ICTP-Italy, NSF (USA) and DST.
- Department has research collaboration with TIFR, BARC and Dr. Mauro Falconieri, ENEA, Italy.
- Faculty has research publications in reputed peer reviewed International & National Journals.
- Faculty is invited across globe as resource person and for paper presentations.
- Department has successfully organised seven INSPIRE-DST camps and International conference on Nanotechnology.
- About 70 renowned Scientists of International and National repute have visited the Department from India and abroad for lectures and interaction with students.
International Symposium on Nano Structured Materials
INSPIRE Internship Camp
- Department has high quality research labs housing equipments like FTIR, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, LCR meter, DTA, Photo lumniscence spectrometer etc. imported from Japan.
- One Sample Preparation lab having High temperature muffle furnaces, digital balances.
- One Nuclear Physics lab having G.M and scintillation counters and other equipment for research in environment radioactivity.
- Two Spectroscopic Labs having Zeeman apparatus, interferometers ultrasonic interferometer, lasers, Microwave set up etc