Examination Policy & Reforms : A Student- Friendly System
(FOR SEMESTERS I AND II)
- Degrees will be awarded by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Continuous assessment to decrease students’ burden
- 20% Cummulative Assessment: Marks based on attendance (5%), class performance (5%) & Mid Semester Test (10%)
- End Semester weightage: 80%
- End Semester Exams to be conducted by college itself
- Compact date-sheet for exams
- Transparent Evaluation
- Timely declaration of results
- Immediate appeal and quick redresssal of grievances
- More teaching days for students
- In odd semester, MST will be conducted in 3rd week of September and in Even Semester in 1st week of March (Schedule may vary if contingencies so demand).
- Retests will be conducted only for those students who have missed the MST due to
participation in college-sponsored activities and any other extraordinary circumstances, with special permission from Principal.
- There is no condition of minimum passing marks in the continuous assessment.
- A student has to clear the End Semester Examination of each course individually.
- The student has to get minimum passing marks in aggregate of CA & End Semester Examination in each course. (Theory, Practical, Seminar, Viva, Project etc.)
- For the Programmes under CBCEGS, the grades will be provided on the scale of 10 along with the percentage.
- A student may change her Subject/Programme within one month from the start of semester.
- All the students must have a minimum of 75% attendance to appear in End Semester Examination.
- Lectures may be condoned by the Principal as per policy.
- Students getting top positions in their respective programmes and in individual courses in End Semester Examination will be awarded prizes/certificates
Proposed Advantages for Continuous Evaluation System (CES) under Autonomy by KMV
- In case of 3 years UG degree there will be no condition for promoting a student from 5th semester to the 6th semester.
- 1. In case of 4 years UG degree a student shall be promoted to 7th semester only if she has passed atleast 50% courses/papers of the first six semesters. There will be no condition for promoting a student from 7th semester to 8th semester.
Note : Sr. No.1. and 2. are applicable only to those students who will enroll themselves in 1st semester w.e.f. session 2018-19.
- In case a student has not got first division in degree program, then she can improve her score in one or more papers in any of the semesters/years after completing the degree/ program so as to obtain a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate to get the first division in a stipulated period given by GNDU to complete the degree (5 years for 3 years UG degree programme/6 years for 4 years UG degree programme, 4 Years for PG degree programme and 2 years for Diploma).
- If a student is unable to secure 55% marks in any PG degree programme, then she can improve her score in one or more papers in any of the semesters/years after completing the degree program so as to obtain a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in a stipulated period given by GNDU to complete the degree (4 Years for PG degree programme).