KMV Faculty Abroad
Management & Leadership in Education at Programme Harvard University
Prof. Atima Sharma, Principal, KMV was selected by the world renowned Harvard University, USA for a prestigious programme titled "Management & Leadership in Education" was organized in June 2014. The Admission to this course is made through selection to experienced heads of institution who are working to make a difference to the growth, development and transformation in the arena of education.
International Research Projects
Prof. Atima Sharma, Principal, KMV
is pursuing research with Dr. Maria Zlaveta, Boston Univerity, USA on "Making of Global Citizens focusing on global contemporary education scenario and emerging needs of students and teachers."
Dr. Gopi Sharma (Dept. of Physics)
- Visiting Fellow, ENEA Advanced Technological Physics/ION, Italy from 8 Jan., 2011 to 10 May, 2011 to work on "Gamma Irradiation effects on oxyfluoride glasses".
- Visiting Professor, Coe College, USA. 20 Oct., 2010 to 20 Dec., 2010 to work on "Nanosphere and microsphere formation in vanadate and aluminate glasses", Supported by IMI New Functionality in Glasses. NSF grant#0409588.
- Visiting Fellow, ENEA Advanced Technological Physics/ION, Italy from 10 Feb., 2009 to 10 Apr., 2009 to work on "Effect of Gamma Irradiation on semiconducting nanocrystals".
- Visiting Fellow, ENEA Advanced Technological Physics/ION, Italy from 15 May, 2007 to 15Aug, 2007 to work on "Structural, optical and Physical properties of glasses".
- Visiting Fellow, ENEA Advanced Technological Physics/ION, Italy from 2 May, 2006 to 2 Sep, 2006 on Radiation Hardness of Rare Earth Oxide glasses for Industrial.
Ph. D supervision
- Dr. Gopi Sharma guiding Ph.D with Dr. Mauro Falconieri, ENEA, Italy entitled "Rare earth doped glass and glass ceramics: optical and physical characterization"
Faculty Invited as International Resource Persons
- Dr. Atima Sharma, Principal, KMV presented a paper and chaired a session at International Conference for Academic Discipline at Harvard University,USA.
- Dr. Gopi Sharma delivered a Key talk on "Defects induced luminescence in gamma irradiated Dy3+ and Eu3+ doped oxyfluoride glass and glass ceramics" July 1-5, 2013, 23rd International Congress on Glass-at Prague Czech Republic.
Dr. Manmohan Singh Heer (Dept of Physics) Outdoor variations of radon progeny concentrations at two climatically and geologically different areas (2007). 3rd ICET, Houston, USA.
Measurement of radioactivity of 238U, 226Ra, 232Th and 40K in soil of different geological origins in northern India (2006). 9th SPERA conference, Melbourne, Australia.
Variation of indoor radon progeny concentration and its role in dose assessment (2006). 9th SPERA Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
Comparison of radon and thoron progeny between hillside and plains of northern India, using grab aerosol sampling and beta counting (2004). 22nd International Conference on Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors, Barcelona, Spain.
Dr. Sonik Bhatia
(Dept. of Physics) presented a paper at USA and France.
Dr. Monica Sharma (Dept. of HIstory) presented a paper at Europeaon Social ScienceHIstory Conference 2005 at Amsterdam.